Saturday, June 5, 2010

mother of invention...woot woot!

Ok...So awesome that you bring this up. 2 days ago I tried to mow my lawn with my icky gas powered lawn mower...as soon as I started it, gas started SPEWING out from the tank in all directions. Guess the mower has seen the end of it's days here, no way I'm gonna repair it! So I spoke with my hardcore friend Della who always has the tools I need. She was awesome enough to bring over a push mower for me to try to do the yard with. Gawd, I shoulda had Anne out there with a camera! No way I was going to mow my half acre thigh high grass patch with a handy dandy little push mower! So back to Della I go. Wonderful woman that she is, she lends me her weed whacker. I spent ALL day yesterday on the front lawn...but it's cut. I went through all of Della's cutting string...but it's already replaced. The next morning my arms feel weak as a babies and I can't straighten them, but I will be out there finishing my lawn today :) The job needs to be done. Last night to make myself feel better I drank some beer  and planted Alyssum on the fallen willow tree in the back yard. I don't know what we have going today...I think making more pest repellent will be in the mix somewhere.

6 comments:

  1. If I had brought the camera out.. when it was my turn to see if i could the handle the powerful whacker! Lisa would have turned the lens on me. I would give myself 5 out of ten green thumbs for effort and the fact no-one was whacked in the process. Didn't come close to what Lisa did tho! I did a patch no more than 10 ft by 5ft some on the slanted hill so balance had to be maintained. Tried to get the motion going and did for all of 5 minutes before we were out of whacker line. **so sad**

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have more cutting string here now...no excuses!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am allergic to whacker string!

    ReplyDelete
  4. lies LLLLLLLLLIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSS

    ReplyDelete
  5. not a lie just slightly incorrect!

    ReplyDelete
  6. *hands the whipper snipper to Anne*

    ReplyDelete

Comments appreciated. Questions encouraged. Politeness expected.