Friday, May 28, 2010
What happens when Lisa goes outside to do nothing but enjoy the beauty.
After cutting grass for the last 2 days, it was difficult for me to hold a coffee cup, so I decided to just enjoy the yard and recoup a bit. So I get out there with my skimpy clothes, cup of tea and latest tree hugger book. I used to be quite a reader but something killed that a couple of years ago. I hate it. Anyways, I go to lounge on my new favorite hammock that Anne donated to the yard the other day. It's so cozy and has a perfect angle for a wonderful view. As soon as my butt hit the fabric, the ground was close after. I sat there laughing, because I knew I looked funny but I was also relieved that my yard is difficult to see in to. So the hammock is kiboshed and I go for a plastic chair with a fold up camping chair in front of me to put my feet up on. I get comfortable...sipping tea...getting silly....getting bored. Can't keep my focus on the Farmers Almanac for some weird reason. SHHHhhhh.... I grab my tree hugger book but same result. I walk around the yard and water all the plants, taking notice of their different stages of growth. There are a couple that are ready to go in the ground shortly. Today I decided that I was going to grow some Verigated Morning Glories on top of the fallen Willow tree (amongst the Allysum) instead of pouring water on the soil and risk losing some nutrients for the plants that I want to flourish, I made a mud out of my Greethumbs pest repellent and compost, then added it to the soil already on the tree and planted the MG's in that. I think it'll turn out wonderfully as long as I remember to add water and nutrients regularly. It did turn out to be a lazy day after all though...when I was done those things, I went and snuggled with my wonderful Chris and slept till it was time for him to get up and ready for work
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Comments appreciated. Questions encouraged. Politeness expected.