Thursday, May 27, 2010
try not to cut the grass on the hottest days!
Maybe I should have learned this lesson yesterday, but all I could think about was getting it done before my landlord sees it. I was embarrassed to have people over because i was ashamed of my almost 3ft high grass/dandelion combo gracing my front yard. So for as long as the cord would reach, as well as how long it took to run out of string, I cut grass. Yesterday I cut grass for about 8 hours all together. We also did some very cool planting. This morning got some new hardcore string to replace what I used and started cutting the side of the house towards the backyard except for the heavy machine, it went very well. Eventually a neighbour saw what I was putting myself through and offered to lend me his gas powered mower *phew* and I gracefully accepted. So the grass part of the yard is ready for the landlord to see...as well as some of the garden has been prettied up. I am very happy with our progress. I feel bad sometimes because I can be hard to work with at times..But Anne and I have a way of communicating that helps us resolve most issues fairly quickly. There is a thunderstorm coming tomorrow. I always hurt when the rain is on it's way. I wanted to have so much more planted before the storm hit. Hopefully I can get up early (as usual) and get some things planted before the rain starts!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Comments appreciated. Questions encouraged. Politeness expected.