Tuesday, May 25, 2010
whew...nice little Hosta patch. Will it grow?!
Here I am finally to say hello. Today Anne and I planted a Hosta patch with seeds from my last garden (torn from the heritage house) We also tried V-logging (wtf?) but my voice didn't come through on the recording for some reason. Anne says I am a natural..we'll see about that. I made this pest repellent after receiving a suggestion from Anne. I altered the recipe a bit as I always have a tenancy to do. I made it BIGGER! It consists of rain water, crushed red peppers and garlic which I let steep for over a month. Once Anne and I started the seeds, I immediately got irate at the rodents running around my yard! They had the audacity to come and pick out my yummy beans and peas? How DARE they!? So I came and put a healthy amount of my goop on the soil and then put a thin layer of fresh soil on top (for aesthetic purposes) and TaDa! Here are many plants now sprouting and not being eaten!!! Woot wooty woot woot! We have decided to go with the type of garden that we will dig a patch for each plant in an area that we see fit and see how it all comes together later. We think it'll be easier this way..no worrying about how to get a tiller here and back to the shop! I think I am out of words for tonight..... peace out
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Comments appreciated. Questions encouraged. Politeness expected.